Wednesday, February 04, 2004

i finally did it!

I finally managed to set up the stuff and downloaded the images from my dad's digicam to my PC.

For any techie or IT-savvy person who graduated from MMU (i have this love-hate relationship with my alma mater), they should have no problems installing the software and relevant driver, configuring the features, plugging the cable from the digicam to the USB port, transferring the images to the PC and finally allocating them into their respective albums. And that's exactly what I did one sunny afternoon last weekend.

Early last year, I had bought my dad a digicam as a belated birthday present. I had been saving for over a year and wanted to surprise him with something that he could use. It would come in handy when he went on his site visits (he's a civil engineer). Indeed it was, and when he went on a job-related visit to the UK, he brought it along and was happily snapping away!

I had procrastinated the installing and transferring because I thought it would take me the whole day. But surprisingly, it only took about an hour or so, minus the minor glitches involving my other ports. I suddenly feel very satisfied that my RM1k++ was money well-invested! :D

No comments: