Wednesday, April 06, 2005

callus me fingers

The skin on the tips of my fingers are begining to harden. I've almost forgotten how it feels like to press them against the strings of the guitar.

Funny how I ended up taking guitar lessons at Exemius. I wanted to join the vocal classes, but it was to be done in pairs. My first partner-to-be decided to hone her guitar skills, while my second partner was more interested in joining the professional vocal class instead.

So I thought about dance. Furthermore, some of my friends were looking for people to start the adult ballet. They needed at least 6 in the group. I was quite keen, after being able to dance to "Above All" back in uni. My CF friends and I who were in the dance were invited to perform for FGA's Easter celebrations that year. That must mean something, right? :D

Then later I found out that I needed to buy all sorts of gear for the dance classes. I certainly did not budget for leotards, tights and dance shoes.

In the end, I decided to re-learn guitar. I tell people that I stopped at F#major because I thought my fingers were too short to hold across the fret. Only later did I learn that I was trying on the classical guitar!

Now I'm crying while practicing on my dad's acoustic guitar. But I shan't be a crybaby. I tell myself that one day when I can play for missions trips and entertain myself when there is no piano around, I will be able to say with much pride, "it was worth the pain"!

No comments: