Friday, December 02, 2005

early december updates

1 down, 2 to go
Now that I've gotten the guitar showcase out of the way, I can concentrate on my IELTS paper and Japanese test. Speaking of which, I'll be going for the Speaking section of the IELTS this afternoon, and the rest of the sections tomorrow morning. Oh boy, I can't wait to be assessed.

So blessed
Having to pay for various things last 2 months has left me quite broke. Insurance premium, guitar lessons for the semester, IELTS paper, passport renewal, multiple birthday celebrations have taken its toll on my finances.

As if answering an "unprayed" prayer, God blessed me with a colleague who now carpools with me to work. It's not much, but at least it's something. She offers to pay for parking when she follows me to work and for toll on the way back.

Neither here nor there
Said colleague ain't very well liked by the seniors. She's relatively new and doesn't quite fit in - let's just say her personality clashes with the general character of the department. It falls on me to be the kind senior, whatmore with her sitting in front of me, and staying in Subang as well.

I take effort to make her feel belonged and help her out with certain issues. But everytime that happens, she takes advantage of my niceness and the relationship takes a few steps back. I can understand why the rest aren't very approving of her.

So much so that it has become a dilemma as when I'm with both sides, I'm inevitably caught in the middle. There is a sort of awkward silence whenever that happens. My attempt at making conversation on neutral topics helps, but not all the time!

No comments: