Sunday, November 05, 2006

not so bad after all

During the course of the week, many things happened. For good, and for bad. Like my car, for example, it was supposed to be fixed and ready to be collected last Monday. But the lady from Shell station called Yuichi and informed her that they couldn't repair the car. Apparently, it must've been quite bad because she suggested that we take it back to the manufacturer.


Since I'm living in the middle of nowhere, doing that was next to impossible. Whatmore, for an old car such as mine! So I updated my senior, and asked her for her opinion since I bought the car from her. She suggested that we take it to her mechanic to have a look first.

So on Thursday, when both of us were done with our mid-terms, we went back to the Shell station to collect my car. As I drove it to the mechanic down the road, I was praying that nothing would happen. I did not wish to die in an inflamed car in the middle of nowhere. Not while I'm living my dreams still so young and still have lots to achieve!


And it turned out that the mechanic was the one who originally sold the car to my senior's senior! So he would have been more familiar with it. He said we were lucky coz it could've been so much worse, the whole engine could've caught fire too. After accessing the damages, he told us that the battery installed was not of the right serial number.

Since it was the start of a long weekend, he told us to come back on Monday. He called over the weekend and told me the costs. Replacing the battery and cables/wires plus tax, altogether it came up to about Y13,000. Not too bad! I'm just so glad it could be fixed, and it wasn't terribly expensive either. Our other option was to discard the car, but doing that in Japan would cost Y30,000!

No comments: