Wednesday, August 15, 2007

unique japanese food 2


Japanese bento sets can be such a feast for the eyes, and this attacts people to buy them in the first place. The bento that our campus Yamazaki usually sells don't look too appetising. When I first saw this colourful looking 4 section bento, I knew I had to try it. It was the most expensive bento I've seen there, but I think Y500 is considered quite affordable.


This is something my Papa wouldn't eat - raw fish! Sprinklings of squid, prawn, fish roe, scrambled eggs, cubed cucumber and some other unidentifiable food elements make this quite a healthy balance of a meal. No need to be warmed up, can be eaten straight away.


After Sour Cream and Onion, this has got to be my next favourite. Japan not only has a wide variety of delicious looking food, even their Pringles come in various flavours! I've never seen the Gourmet range before, so I was quite delighted when my friend let me try this, and I must say it really is addictive.


Imagine my delight while down in Tokyo recently I saw this range of Pringles in Lumine, Shinjuku. Since this particular store stocks food items from various countries but mainly from America, I'm thinking some of these could be from the US. However, when I checked with their website, some of these aren't in there... But still, knowing that my favourite ain't limited to only Sour Cream & Onion makes a world of difference between only settling for one flavour and having the ability to choose from many more.


The same goes with Kit Kat I guess. The above picture was taken from one of my purchases at the Niigata University co-op for in-between-class snacking. That must've been one of the spring range last year as this year, they offered the sakura flavour.



The wonderful thing about having 4 seasons mean you get to wear different clothes, and taste different cuisine. Thus, pineapple, orange and banana flavours for Kit Kat this summer. Looks edible enough, but there was one which was supposed to be melon flavour that looked kinda odd with green and ochre stripes. I didn't buy it, maybe it would have tasted better than it looked.

No comments: