Saturday, March 07, 2009

a box of chocolates it is

March usually signifies the onset of spring. Though I've grown to love winter, I also look forward to the bloom of cherry blossom flowers that will change the colours of the city landscape.

This month is also particularly special for me, for various reasons. Maybe more so this year. The uncertainty that began last month lingers on, and I still do not know what or where I will be in the near future. But one thing I am certain of, is that He holds my hand and will never forsake me. If anything, this only makes it even more exciting.


The other is, of course, my birthday!

So there shall not be any depressing posts, if I can help it.

The best part about birthday celebrations is the company that come with it. Presents and lovely things are a bonus, so they are welcomed too. ^.^

This year, the celebration began early somewhat because I have friends whose birthdays are few days apart from mine. Last Sunday April & I went to Bubba Gump's at Korakuen's La Qua. It's ironic how I almost went to the outlet at The Curve when I was back for Christmas. Even more ironic that I myself have not watched the movie Forrest Gump!


However, I'm quite familiar with some of the more famous quotes from that movie. I guess one that best describes my current situation would be :
"My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

From the exterior, I thought it was just another one of those American restaurants like TGIF and Hard Rock Cafe. However, since April's birthday preceded mine, we gave her the final say in deciding the restaurant.

Facing a musical fountain and conveniently located just beneath the escalator leading to the ferris wheel, Bubba Gump offers a pretty decent selection of seafood, with more emphasis on shrimps. Shrimps happen to be one of my favourite, especially the "lai yau har" type fried with crispy bits of butter. I love seafood of most kind and actually miss the yummylicious Malaysian seafood found at Teluk Gong.

The dishes, though very much American in size, did not disappoint. They had a little birthday dessert and sang a song for April. Very much like TGIF and Hard Rock too. I'm tempted to return there this weekend for my celebration, but I'd prefer variety, thank you very much. I wonder where would be good... (*^_^*)

No comments: