Saturday, March 15, 2014

did i sleep through it?

Apparently there was an earthquake a couple of days ago. I only found out about it when I came into the office the next morning when my colleagues were talking about it.


As I recalled where I was that time, obviously I was at home since it was very early in the morning. But I was quite sure I was about to go to bed, or had just dozed off. I had just finished chatting with my European colleague on a business trip I was organising, and he was asking me about the time in Japan.

That was when I looked at the clock and it was almost 1:30am.

The 6.3 magnitude earthquake had struck the southern islands of Japan but was strong enough to be felt in the Kansai area.

I told my colleagues, I must have gotten used to earthquakes already having lived in Japan for a number of years. But deep down, I wonder what would happen if there was a fire and I had been deep in sleep!


No comments: