Sunday, October 19, 2014

not wasted

Thanks to Lee Sin, I had the opportunity to catch John Piper's session at the Love Japan conference over the weekend.



It's always a treat to enjoy such conferences with international speakers, whatmore one whose book I had just read.

It's funny how life turns out. I received the "Don't Waste Your Life" book as a Christmas gift about a decade ago, thinking it was an insult then. I shipped that book, along with many others, with me to Japan hoping to catch up with reading.

I'm so glad I did. I had just finished that book recently, and understood fully the value of its content. 10 years ago, I wouldn't have known the events I'd go through today that would make it timely for such a message.


2 comments:

crownedfish said...

That's a great book! I'm glad you read it. I SO envy you for being able to hear John Piper speak.

§nóflèk said...

i'm honoured to have been able to hear him speak! As you know, the typhoon hit Kansai, and his session was just a day before that, so I'm grateful :)