Monday, January 11, 2016

quilt of love

I woke up today realising that I have been covered with Granma Wong's handiwork these few weeks. It was nice to just feel the fabrics as I wondered what must have gone through her mind as she worked the old sewing machine, matching the different pieces and sewed these blankets for her family members.


Even though she is no longer with us, her memory and legacy remains in our hearts. It's too bad the one she made for my parents' wedding is too tattered to be saved, but at least we still have some of the newer ones in good condition.

I wonder if I can not use them, so they can be preserved even longer!


Note : I realised after taking the picture, how the sunlight fell upon some parts of the quilt, in particular the golden and purple pieces. How notably royal.

No comments: