Sunday, January 23, 2005

rest in peace

Wanted to post this up last week, but internet in the office was erratic, to say the least.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Deepest condolences to the family of WW, who passed away last Wednesday morning, 19th Jan 2005. We couldn't visit her during her last few weeks because she didn't want us to see her in her weakened condition. Also, it must have been difficult entertaining guests like that.

But I thank God that she didn't have to suffer anymore. When I last visited her, she had lost so much weight and looked quite pale. The chemo treatments for her Hodgkin's disease was really taking a toll on her.

The church held a funeral service that night itself. There were so many people that some of us had to stand outside. She left behind many relatives and friends. Since she has been actively serving in various ministries, most of them were from the church. It was the biggest funeral I've ever attended, and our main pastor gave a fitting message.

At the end of it, we made our way to the coffin to pay our last respects. I got up, and saw my parents still sitting. Later, I found out that my mum preferred to keep the last memory of this sister in Christ by remembering how happy and well she looked when she was still alive. I understood what she meant then.

May she rest in peace.

No comments: