Wednesday, September 26, 2012

house hunting p3

I'm pretty happy with this place, though initially it wasn't my first choice. Or so I thought.

So for my 2nd house hunting, the real estate agent had 5 in his list initially. This list was made around the same time as the 1st house hunting, so they were more or less similar in size, price range and "age", if there was such a thing. After the 1st round, HR refined the list with me now that I've surveyed some areas and have a better idea what I was looking for.

So when Yuri and I met the 3rd agent, he mentioned he had 2 more to show us. I had quite low expectations then, but the fact that the 1st was very near the station made it a good selling point. In fact, Castalia is just opposite the station.


I was pretty impressed as it looked really nice, and they had just had cleaning services so it looked almost brand news. I liked the modern touches, and the various buttons that make life more convenient.


There was even a "delivery box" facility, which means the delivery guy can keep your purchases in a mailbox which can be retrieved with a password. Usually you're supposed to be at home when delivery is made, but this is great since I'm out most of the time.


I like how they do the cleaning so professionally. Even covered the wash sink, bathtub, toilet, kitchen sink with plastic.


The 2nd was also new to the list, and was similarly built as the 1st. Both were less than 10 years old, so was more to what I was looking for. I think having lived in Watanabe-san's house spoilt me, it had everything, and more! I doubted I would get anything exactly the same again, but having newer things meant lighter colours which translates to lighter mood.


However, there was construction happening just opposite the block, and I wouldn't know how it would turn out. Would I be facing someone else's balcony? Will that block my view and any good sunlight when I dry my clothes?


It had modern touches for the bathtube and sink, with ample space and cabinets. Also opposite the kitchen, so I guess all the water-related activities are all in one place!


Residia is similar to Castalia in many ways, except that instead of IH, it has a stove. Good for wok dishes, but maybe not good for me forgetful sometimes! When I'm busy multitasking I forget I have the water boiling, I've burnt my mum's pot a few times :D


Most newer Japanese homes have all these buttons for various functions - indoor blower, temperature for bathtub water, to answer your visitor's call, and even to check that the level of water in the water heater.


The 3rd, Taisei Housy is located very near to the Sannomiya station, so it's in one of the older buildings. Interesting part is it was meant for patients of the clinic downstairs, so it kinda reminded me of being in hospital!


There are low handles everywhere and large spaces good for wheelchairs to move around. Very thoughtful. Even the entrance is a huge sliding door rather than those that you open to the side.


The toilet here is the most advanced compared to the rest, the seat automatically flips up when motion is detected.


The funny thing is it has a HUGE balcony, which is bigger than the room itself. Quite a nice view, but I wondered what I'd do with such a large space outside. Have a tent and rent out to campers? There's glimpses of the mountain though.Would be lovely to have garden tables and chairs for teatime.


The 4th was slightly older, near some shopping street in Sannomiya. This one did not have elevator and was on the 4th floor. It has darker colours.


Quite huge space with 2 rooms, and ample space for cooking too. They even put up wall paper for the different sections with a little explanation for the design!


Even the toilet wall gets its own wall colour. Very clean but unfortunately wouldn't be too convenient with no elevator nor security. Plus point is it's just opposite a sento (public bath). I guess if I do make it to the sento, I would sweat again on the way back to the room!


The 5th one, was also not in the original list. Pretty impressive I must say, this one. It's one of the largest with almost 35m2 of space and located nearer to Shin-Kobe. Also quite new and has modern touches.


It even has a little TV monitor at the bathtub! Now you can enjoy a soak while watching the latest Japanese drama. Or maybe put on some music while sipping some bubblies.


It has a sliding door that can open up to make a larger space, or closed up to have a kitchen and dining area.


This one too faced the mountain, and you can even see the cable car right at the top. I really liked this, I could imagine hosting friends and having some parties even. The balcony goes all around to the side since it's a corner lot.


Puresir is the most expensive of all, due to its location and size. When we went downstairs to check out the parking lot, I couldn't help but notice that potential neighbours owned X3 and Lexus. So maybe I can't go around in old shabby clothes!


So after having a look at many nicer ones, I couldn't help but compare the following ones to the previous. The 6th is a bit old, which was okay. Just that the design of the apartment was a bit funny. Like a far corner for the kitchen. What if I want to make Milo in the middle of the night?


Also nice view of the mountain. Not much development in the area, so this should stay intact.


The bathroom and toilet are at the other end and near the entrance. There is a separate room which is also on the other end. Not a very convenient design though. Plus, no modern touches!


The 7th, was located in Motomachi, which is Kobe's Chinatown. It's right in the middle of the shopping street in fact. If you've been to one of those covered shopping street, imagine Petaling Street, it's like living upstairs on the shoplot. So the view isn't that great, you can see lots of roofs and grills and pipes!


But once you're in there, it doesn't feel noisy. Plenty of sunlight and white spaces. Similar to Puresir, you can slide the doors to make a bigger space.


Also nice kitchen with modern touches. Plenty of space for cooking equipment and cutleries.


This is the entrance to the apartment. So when you come down to throw the rubbish you can't be in house clothes. There will be lots of people walking around shopping! 



The last one is a little far, in fact it needs a few stops on the train after the city centre. There's some Buddhist "temple"opposite.


This was in the list because a lot of our office employees apparently live here too. So it might be convenient to have colleagues in the same building? Depends on how often you want to see them!


This may not be that new, but it comes furnished with some simple furniture and electrical equipment. Cosy but also no elevator and security.


This one comes with carpet too! Would be good for winter. It's in a very residential area, so lots of houses nearby, parks and schools.


But maybe not that convenient coz it's not near to the city centre and where I work. Also I still preferred something newer. Or maybe it's because the older ones tended to have funny colour schemes, stains that can't be cleaned, or darker wood that makes the room a little gloomy. Of course security and convenience is top for me.

No comments: