Wednesday, September 04, 2013

japan goes live

Today, my boss dropped me some congratulatory messages through BBM after our Japan site went live :

Just wanted to say...
Great job on AJP
This is yours...
End to end
:)
I'm so glad to have you as part of this team
Take a moment to be proud
Then start getting ready for the next goal
Great job Sarah


Being so exhausted after this last phase, I could not feel any happiness at all. To reply diplomatically, I said it was teamwork, and credited good team members. Then he replied :

As I said
Take a moment
I know you're not a proud person
But today, briefly, allow yourself a small indulgence


Another colleague shared a picture she took while on the train. It had been raining the whole day :


Some have called the Japan project "beast", and "monster";  referring to the complexities involved, on all levels - competency, understanding, project management, culture, language. I have lots of personal stories to share, and probably similar ones from my colleagues.

Lots of anguish, frustration, disappointment amidst a steep learning curve and numerous learnings on this project. There were also mini highs, enough humour and plenty of His wisdom along the way.

After many long hours, late nights and more white hair; I'm really relieved we launched the site today.

Now if you will excuse me, I think I'll go chill with some music and ofuro.

2 comments:

SiowLan-Ally said...

Tahniah, cik Sarah!

§nóflèk said...

terima kasih puan tan! :)