Thursday, May 29, 2014

thankful for mama

A couple weeks ago I had ordered some flowers online. It was my first time, and I didn't quite know what to expect. Ironic considering I'm in the e-commerce field! Well, the florist was based in Malaysia and we've heard cases of fraud and such so it was with some trepidation that I clicked submit.

I had already texted my dad to be on standby at home since I wanted it to be a surprise for my mum. He happened to be out for lunch then, when the delivery boy came. He tried to call my mum and after trying for like 10x he left some messages.

My mum working then, thought it suspicious that someone had delivered "something" but would not tell her what it was and who it was from. Later she found out that their delivery staff were trained to be discreet while professional.


In the end, since no one was at home, the delivery boy tried both neighbours but alas, they were also out. He finally managed to leave the bouquet with the neighbour 2 doors away. Glad to know they didn't hoard the flowers themselves - I should have more faith in humanity I'm glad there is hope in humanity.

Finally that evening when she came home she finally got the flowers. My dad who was more excited took quite a lot of pictures for me!

She was very surprised with the gift and expressed her appreciation to me and my bro. This was the first time I had thought of it, as years before when I asked, she replied that flowers don't have much value as they are not very practical gifts >.<

No comments: