Tuesday, March 21, 2006

answer you i will

The past week has been a mad dash and mishmash of sorts. I don't remember having to do so much in such a short span of time.

Like for instance, today, I managed to do all these while on leave :
- Did my visa application in the Jap Embassy
- Collected my new Citibank credit card
- Withdrew money from my RHB s/a
- Paid my MBf credit card bills
- Bought AMEX travellers cheques from StanChart
- Updated my Maybank account book
- Activated my ATM card to be used internationally
- Exchanged MYR -> JPY

I'm also finalising these, hopefully they'll be settled by this week :
- Getting a laptop that fulfills my specs, and still within my budget
- Buying a travel insurance, if not, one that protects me while I'm overseas
- Arranging accomodation in Niigata University
- Confirming that someone will meet and pick me up at Narita
- Buying some winter clothes in case I freeze into a popsicle upon arrival


Anyways, in addition to the first FAQ, here are some more which I left out earlier :

When will you be leaving?
Just confirmed my flight details. Flying off at 2250 hrs on JAL, 3rd April. Reaching Narita International 0655 hrs the next day.

That's about 2 weeks time!
Yup. Time really flies when you're occupied. Even though it looks like I've got much settled, I realised I still have a long way to go before I strike off even half of my list.

So are you still working?
I wish I wasn't. But I stayed on out of goodwill. Besides, I don't wanna burn my bridges. Too much to handover and I don't want the new person to drown under the weight of unfinished work and demanding superiors unrealistic expectations. :p

How did your colleagues take it?
I shared abit on my Jap application to the seniors, they're really happy for me. One of them was really encouraging because she too wanted to further her studies, but a baby came along. Of course, my boss was surprised. It's too short a notice and I only hope she'll come to realise how invaluable I was! find someone soon.

Well, at least you don't have to pay back, right?
Ya, thank God for that. I'd like to indulge in the full story of how this probably happened, but the short of it is the Div Chief was pretty much in a good mood. Not only did I not have to pay the company back, but they're also giving me my March salary and pro-rated bonus! I was prepared to pay them back, so to have them pay me instead is more than expected. And that is just another sign of God's hand in this.

No comments: