Thursday, February 11, 2016

steady my heart

2015 has been somewhat a better year compared to the year before. I've been truly blessed with having richer relationships and plenty of good memories. Many beyond my imagination.

I look back and think about some of the rocky road that I had to go through in 2014, and realise some just had to happen. Some paved way for other things that turned out to be silver lining. Some remain a mystery, but I learnt that not everything have to be resolved. I learnt that in those cases, it's better to surrender and "lose control".




When recalling some recent incidents that brought up the past, I reminded myself that I don't need to know all the why's. I might have to ask God when I meet Him one day, or perhaps when that day comes it does not matter anymore.

One thing I do know, though, that if I overcome a particular obstacle, it prepares me for bigger ones. It sounds too obvious sometimes, but when you're down in the slumps, it's hard to think that way! If I don't, then I might not know why it happened, or worse still, I'd indulge in pity party and think the world's against me.

So when I listened to an old favourite from Kari, I think of all those messy painful times and recall His goodness and trust that He will come through for me again.

No comments: