Friday, July 02, 2004

you're so blessed!

I was fetching Irene home after our "Holiness in Times of Temptation" seminar last night. We were discussing about some "holy" (more like unholy :P) stuff and about each other's experiences. She kept saying "You're so blessed!!" as I related my stories.

I'm not perfect, but I'm blessed! I have many weaknesses and faults, but sometimes I become engrossed in the negative that I don't see the positive. Although I'm generally an optimistic person (so optimistic that people think I have no problems), I always thought that my life could get better if I could just oversome some of these weaknesses. Maybe it would, but I think being thankful of my blessings would certainly help as well.

I know why she said that I'm so blessed, but I still can't help marvel at that statement of hers. I really am blessed... I am a blessed being!

Suddenly all my weaknesses don't seem so bad. They are still there, and I do want to work on them. But I guess, it's not so much of me working, but more of God being the strength amidst all these. As the scriptures says "My strength comes into its own in your weakness" - 2 Corinthians 12:9

My cramps are threatening to ruin my wonderful Bali holiday, but I'm sure gonna bring this "You're so blessed!" with me when I board the plane tomorrow :)

No comments: