Sunday, February 04, 2007

laziness gets to me

The busier I become, I lazier I get! With an even crazier schedule compared to last autumn, and having a resolution to get more sleep no matter what, is there any way to balance these two?

A friend I was chatting to told me perhaps it was my self-defence mechanism kicking in. Instead of sleeping at 4 and getting barely 4 hours of sleep, I try to go to bed earlier or having little naps in between. Even though there's tonnes of work on the table, i push myself to think faster and work more efficiently.

I remind myself that back in my undergrad days, whenever I was the busiest, that was the time I relied on God the most. I put Him first and everything just fell in place. No matter how busy I got, I still could finish my stuff and still have some time for fun.

Even Soe, our Myanmar neighbour in the dorm, said that he was amazed at me. I have 8 subjects and still have time to go to the kitchen! So instead of wanting freshly cooked meals everytime, I have resorted to cooking multiple meals. That way, I have something to look forward to in between classes and not having to spend too much time with pre and post-cooking activities.

Yes I do admit it's so much easier to go to the cafeteria, grab something to eat and not having to worry about washing dishes. And you get to mingle with other people from other classes who are either too lazy to cook or has cooking at the bottom of their to-do list.

I guess, it's all due to God's strength and grace that I'm able to do all these. When work gets to me, I take a drive out. Even if it's for something menial like doing groceries or paying the bills, getting out is something I look forward to. Just like yesterday, I was out the whole day and didn't do anything school-related.

It was IUJ's ski day and we were up the mountains from morning till late afternoon. Then it was hot springs and a good dinner of tempura and sashimi. For the first time since I came to IUJ, I had 12 hours of sleep! How I wish I get to do this every weekend... :p

1 comment:

feichai said...

U could if u set ur mind to it :) In fact, it's the times when we get that much needed rest, that we appreciate those times that we don't, and vice versa.

Life is full of left-rights and ups and downs. Learn to love the unrestful weekdays and the restful weekends, then everything will be fine :) It's called being modest & walking the middle path aka being moderate.

Take care gurl!