Saturday, March 31, 2007

home sweet home

I'm back!! Haha... Great surprise? Well, not really. I heard of stories of my friend who surprised his family members and had a great reunion. I also had another friend who told me of his experience who tried to keep it from his family, but had to wait for his family to return from another state about 2 hours away, some days after that.

Mine is a bit of both. I wanted to make it a complete surprise, but upon realising that I left the house keys with my mum, had to tell at least one member of the family about my going back. Made my brother the initial accomplice but since he would be at work at the time of my arrival, I had to include dad into the picture as well. So came dad obviously glad at seeing me after almost a year away. We chatted and caught up during dinner yesterday.

Mum's away on missions trip in Thailand. I thought she'd be the best person to surprise. But in the end I couldn't resist but send her an SMS to let her know I was home. Well, no one knew where my house keys were, so I'm practically stranded in the house until someone comes back and allows me to use his keys to get out of the house! Wat a bummer, like a prisoner in my own home.

It has been a great holiday in HongKong (was there before flying down Malaysia). It was a transition of sorts for me. Weather in Niigata was hovering around 10degC, HK was about 20degC and KL a blistering 30!! No wonder my face reddenned and puffed up! It didn't help that it was hot and rainy at the same time, weather these days are getting crazy.

I am looking forward to more eating sprees and feeding myself with Malaysian food during this 1 week. If I haven't already messaged you, you are welcome to call me and invite me out for mamak sessions!

No comments: