Monday, December 03, 2007

a new appreciation for autumn


I never had a particular liking for autumn as it gives an impression that something is coming to an end. The falling leaves, cold weather and the whole brownness of it just seems so sad. That is, until last weekend when I was out enjoying the brilliant bursts of colours. It's as if nature is wearing its brightest coat of hues just before everything goes into hibernation mode and is blanketed by the snow.

Speaking of endings, December is dreaded by some, as it's a closure to the past 12 months. Some people look forward to the year-end holidays beginning from Christmas till the New Year. For me this year, it's a bittersweet mixture of both. I prematurely did a pre-reflection (ya, there's more to come) in my own journal, perhaps maybe I will be too busy to do a proper one during the last few days of the year.

Besides, I don't think there will be anything significant happening in the coming weeks that will change what I would be writing anyways. Furthermore, I've got much to thank God for, much to reflect on and prayers that I wish could be answered in the coming new year. So, I might as well start early.

No comments: