Monday, May 26, 2008

my last trip back campus?

Too many wonderful things happened over the weekend. It was a getaway from Tokyo, and a well-needed one. I went back to Niigata to join my friends for the annual ASEAN Japan Nite, and it was more special because they would be graduating in exactly 1 month's time. We came to IUJ together in Fall 2006, but the E-Business students graduated 1 year earlier (and thus, suffered earlier in the workplace too!). Most of them would be leaving Japan for good, and I don't know when I'll get to see them again.

It was good being back and the combination of "friends + food + fun" was proven true again to be therapeutic for the soul (and stomach). I missed the fresh air and greenery the surrounding provided. I wish the weekend was longer. I didn't want to go back to reality so soon. Not when there's nothing to look forward to :p BUT all things must come to an end. So much so that I tried to prolong the weekend by sleeping as late as possible!

Thanks to my sidekick from NZ, and a little magic to spice up the weekend, I will remember this trip for many reasons. Maybe I won't go back to campus anymore, who knows. But I'm glad I made sure I spent as much time as possible with all these people I've come to call my friends. Life on campus was not remembered for its academics as much as for its life and the people in it. For what is life if you have not lived to the fullest?

No comments: