Wednesday, September 03, 2008

doing my countdown

Too many things have happened in the last 2 weeks or so. Suffice to say, most are almost the same issues that I had to face 1 year ago - work, visa, housing. I can't share too much for now as it's a bit complicated. But I have a checklist to help me sort things out. Suffice to say, half of the things on my list are ticked off.

All of them are connected to each other and I have to be careful which end to tie up first. Leaving some loose ends may not jeopardise my plans but the end result will not be as grand as I envision it to be. Each has their own objectives and therefore is crucial to how I end this month. Each also require that I spend a fair bit of time and money, but some things in life are unavoidable.

Speaking of which, this month marks my 1 year in Tokyo. I've been keeping track of my journey here by a quarterly review. It was quite a good exercise actually as each quarter brought with it a unique set of experiences, both good and bad. Coincidentally each quarter also corresponded to the seasons of the year. It was natural then that I had a label that pretty much summed up what I went through for each season.

I was pretty stressed out earlier when I wrote the earlier posts about the blue-eyed boy. But I've done all I can with whatever resources I have for now. The only thing I can do is to submit these to God, and hopefully things will work out. Surprisingly I was really at peace over the weekend, even not knowing the outcome of many matters at hand.

For now, there is only waiting and praying. I have a feeling something is looming in the horizon. I don't know what it is. But I hope it's something good. If it is, then you will know soon enough. If I don't tell you, that doesn't mean it was not good. It's just that I decided to keep it to myself! :p

No comments: