Sunday, December 26, 2010

resident mushroom

We knew there was something wrong with the walls when they started to bloat and have funny textures. Even the floor seemed to be rising up a little.

When the paint started to peel off the wall in the adjoining toilet, it was a sign that perhaps the pipes were leaking and water was seeping through the concrete and had nowhere else to go.


Thanks to the moistened environment, the timber door panel was now fertile enough to grow a mushroom!
It looks almost like a marshmallow with its white soft surface, and delicate flakes of bright gold on the ovate cap. 


We could prolly start a mushroom farm right in the kitchen with this golden fungus, though whether it's edible is another matter altogether.

8 comments:

kiwlm said...

my office toilet have a cockroach there instead... zzz

§nóflèk said...

lol but your cockroach is a pest whereas mine is a possible food source :p

neil said...

What a cute little thing! I like! =P

§nóflèk said...

lol but it has started to wilt and shrink... :/ there goes my farm!

SL said...

cute :) alot of mushroom grow on our yard too but I doubt it is edible.

§nóflèk said...

SL : wow, take pictures and share! would like to see wat mushrooms u aussies hv :D

classyadele said...

It's a yellow mushroom. Have u not heard of the warning "DONT EAT YELLOW SNOW".
I would like to extend that to YELLOW mushrooms as well... lol

§nóflèk said...

hehe i just found out the background to that phrase :S no worries, the yello mushroom shriveled up dy!