Friday, July 31, 2015

swirling in crimson

The day came last Saturday. The heat and humidity didn't really help, but I suppose it's not any different from being in Malaysia. Just that in Malaysia most people go around in cars, so we're not really exposed to the elements.

Anyways, I digress.

We did a medley of songs where we took turns to play instruments, sing and dance. Since I'm such a shy person not comfortable with being in the front, the crimson skirt and bright tropical flowers wasn't helpful in blending in.

The CPM meetings are usually quite mild, and most of the time, songs are sung acapella when no musicians are available. So a lot of people were pleasantly surprised seeing this motley group perform, complete in accessories.

I think it's been a long time since I felt butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't remember much of what happened, except that I was glad when it was all over!


Looking back, I thanked God for the opportunity. I've always wanted to help serve in some capacity, but to be honest was quite traumatised by the incident at church last year. It's amazing how God works.


I just got some messages that Pastor Fuku-chan has invited us to do the same performance at his church next weekend. I guess I'd better get used to the butterflies @.@

No comments: