Sunday, March 13, 2005

the one with the restructuring

The past few weeks have been trying on me.

As I mentioned earlier, I really thought I was going to lose my job, thanks to the lack of tact from my boss when she made the announcement. If your boss said, in a meeting with other managers, that the chairman decided to outsource your job to one of his subsidiary companies*, how would you react?

With much poise and as if you have already known about the news, of course. It was all I could to stop myself from strangling her.

Anyways, there has been ongoing restructuring within the company for some time already. It was just a matter of time before it hit our department.

But God, Him being such a darling, was faithful as always. He turned the situation around for me. And you know what? It looked like I was more than wanted after all. I was given 3 options.

After thinking and praying about it, I decided that the last option was the best. It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but looking at how things turned out, I guess it was the best for now.

So I'm gonna try out my new role, and I got to stay back in the same department, which also means I get to keep my benefits. 3 of my colleagues got transferred out, so I was needed to take over one of their responsiblities.

I remember somewhere a phrase which said that God will never ask you to do something which He has never prepared you for. I've been assisting this colleague from time to time, like when she was on leave or away on events. So I roughly knew what I was saying yes to. I guess, it was His way of showing me that He prepared me beforehand for this role.

Sometimes I wonder why things like this happen to me. I also ask God if there is something to be learnt from this experience. I don't think I'll be able to see the big picture, yet. But I'm trusting in His providence and wisdom in whatever I'm going through. It ain't easy, I've had many a tough time accepting it too. And deep down, I think God has a wicked sense of humour la :p


* one that barely survived if not for his kind interference

No comments: