Friday, July 15, 2005

adventure on a whim

I seem to be trigger happy lately. There's more actually, but decided not to overload your browser with too much.

Supposed to be away in Perhentian island for a much needed beach holiday. But some from the group couldn't make it, and so they cancelledpostponed it. Didn't even tell me. I had the pleasure of finding it out from another person who wasn't initially in the group. Terrible!

Anyways, since I've already applied for leave, I decided to treat myself to a long weekend. Met up with Gerald & Bee Kee who were down in PJ. Apparently there aren't any Genki Sushis in Penang.


genki sushi
Fancy some raw seafood on sticky rice dipped in wasabi?


We ate to our heart's delight. I had soft shell crab (my favourite), and california roll (another fav!). I can eat those the whole day. I forgot to take pictures of those, but you can see them here. Jap food, I love. If you don't know what to treat me, you can bring me to Saisaki. Heard they have pretty good buffet there.

After lunch, they said goodbye and left straight for Penang. With a bag of groceries. They tell me that Dutch Lady low fat milk and Post cereals cost cheaper in Jusco here than the Tesco there. Talk about long distance shopping.

I went to pick up Ivanee, who willingly became my travel partner for the rest of the day. I told him we were going on a spontaneous trip to Putrajaya.

Too bad it was getting dark and the clouds were pregnant with, er, rain (for want of a better description). Managed to get this shot just as it started raining.


raining in putrajaya
Overcast skies didn't succeed in dampening the smiley subject


We hung out at the Shangri-La Putrajaya, a really beautiful place if you know how to appreciate their style of simple elegance. Saw some coffee tables with printed squares in the lounge area, and promptly challenged each other to a game of chess.


can win or not?
Silver pieces mine, can win or not?


Since it was still raining, we decided to check out the hotel. I like their indoor garden, where a small stream and lush greenery separate the rows of rooms from each other. Sunlight shines through from the transparent roof to light the area and provide the ambience of having a garden at your doorstep.

As we sat at the lobby waiting for the rain to stop, I caught sight of their unique ceiling. Looks like they incorporated the Malaysian songket into the design. The lamp looked like some kind of flower. Too metallic for me to tell what type of flora it was.


songket ceiling & metal flower
Metal flower hanging from metal songket ceiling


It was a refreshing trip to Putrajaya, away from the hustle and bustle of KL City. Civilisation away from civilisation as we know it. I guess the rain symbolised the washing away of worries and anxieties. I felt really refreshed after that. I should do this more often!


so rejuvenated
Can't you see I look so rejuvenated? :D

No comments: