Thursday, October 23, 2008

myPoison = yourMeat ?

When I got the message from Yuri, I immediately replied to thank her. While catching up with her over the phone after, I told her how much I appreciated her prayers. She seemed to know what to pray for and the right words to say.

And it hit me, I need to pray more.

Praying ain't that difficult. It's basically talking to God. Communicating with our Papa in heaven. Telling him how much we love Him, thanking Him for all the good and the bad. Sharing with Him our joys and anxieties. Interceding for others. And yet, if we don't do it often enough, the art of praying gets muddled in the busyness of everyday life.

When I told her how her prayers have comforted me especially in times of uncertainty like now, she said she wanted to thank me instead.

Moi?

And she told me how praying for me has somehow helped her to be better in praying. And getting closer to God.

Wow.

So I asked her, if she was actually thanking me for having so much problems and worries. So that she would have something to pray for.

No, no, she insisted.

One man's meat is another man's poison. But of course, it's not the same in this case.

It's just funny how we ended up becoming closer, having encouraged each other in this journey. She listened to my stories without judging me. She was there when I needed a shoulder to cry on. Whenever I had something weighing in my heart, I knew I could count on her to be there for me. Whenever there was a struggle I had to endure, she was there to pull me up and push me along. I have more to thank God when it comes to Yuri, even though she maintained that she has more to be grateful about.

I'm just very glad that God has blessed me with this sister in Christ, and how in becoming my お姉ちゃん(oneechan), she has encouraged me in more ways than I can count.

I'm truly blessed.


*oneechan : familiar form of older sister

No comments: