Sunday, August 22, 2010

crayon shin chan

On my last day in Tokyo, at the Narita airport, I had decided to withdraw all the $ left in my Suica card. We had some time to kill before going into the departure hall, so I thought I should get myself a last minute souvenir.

So with the few hundred yen in cash, I decided to visit the nearest convenience store and checked out what I could buy. It was then that I realised in all my years in Japan, I had not bought myself a manga before!

I had earlier stopped by my fav Japanese store Uniqlo and spent on some cute knickers, so the remainder was exactly enough for a bumper issue of Crayon Shin Chan.


Just one month after that, I found out that the author had passed away after having gone for a hiking trip. That made this copy of Crayon even more precious than ever!

Since it was my first and only manga, I decided to take my time reading it. And boy, did I refrained myself from finishing it at one go, coz it took me 1 year to finally reach the last comic strip! >.<

2 comments:

Yap! It's 3088.. said...

oh no! so there's no more Crayon Shin Chan??

§nóflèk said...

well the rest of the artists from the publishing company decided to continue on his legacy, but i don't know if it will truly be the same :/ you can get some on amazon japan tho hehe