Sunday, January 16, 2011

louis armstrong

I'm born in the wrong era >.< For as long as I remember, I've always loved listening to oldies!



Today's post pays tribute to one of the greatest African-American musician & artist of our times, Louis Armstrong. Coming from a troubled and deprived childhood such as his, he didn't let the past determine his future. Instead, whatever little opportunities life threw at him, led to a positive change that made him the world-famous trumpet player and entertainer.



My personal favourite is this simple yet beautiful reminder about how wonderful the world can be if we'll only stop to smell the roses and remember what's important in life.

3 comments:

Sher said...

I don't think it's a coincidence that today's Daily Bread reading is about him:)

when we gonna meet up babe? let me know yea!!

nicktay said...

Me too! Growing up all my fave songs where oldies :)

§nóflèk said...

Sher : you're right lol! guess we consume the same "food" eh ;)

nicktay : hahah happy to know i'm alone in this :D sometimes the oldies can be so simple yet meaningful :)