Sunday, March 08, 2015

pre-birthday happiness

It's been a lovely but unexpected prelude to the birthday this year.


When I went home for Christmas, I knew I would be having a business trip sometime in February. I was hoping it would coincide with some snow since there's very little where I am here. However, project delays and availability pushed the date back a few times

So you can imagine I was very relieved that I didn't have to spend my birthday through a business trip, thanks to a little bit of planning and grace from above!


This was my first trip alone. Usually the boss or a colleague would be on the same trip. By His grace, I was able to accomplish what I went to Europe for - complete requirements gathering for Sweden, and launch 4 European sites.


This was the first time I stayed over the weekend, so I was able to explore a new country. Too bad I didn't get the Swedish stamp on the passport, since I was transiting from the Netherlands. >.<


Of course, there is still lots of unresolved issues, some unhappy people, and loose ends to tie up. But I ain't superwoman, and there's only so much one can do. So I chose to reflect on the positives of this trip - a check for a new country, plenty of gastronomic experiences, lovely people, and many unexpected treats.


Even though I was still on calls up till when the plane was getting ready to take off, I'm thankful I was able to leave Europe with sweet memories this time. Coupled with the fact that I came back a day earlier than usual means I'm able to celebrate my birthday properly!

No comments: