Monday, December 22, 2003

of porcelain gifts

was just rummaging through my gifts box. some of my pressies are still in their boxes and the wrapping intact. was actually looking for some christmas decor.

i saw a few porcelain gifts, one of which was a white angel with a garland around her. this was a christmas gift from one of my grrlfrens some years back. this would be perfect on top of the television! i took it out, washed out the dust and carefully put it next to the christmas cards. there, that should set some christmas mood in the living room.

but that's not wat this post is about. i'm trying to say i have too many of those porcelain gifts which i do not know what to do with, or where to put them. no offence to those dear friends who have been scratching their heads trying to think of something sweet to give me, but what do i do with a porcelain figurine of a boy holding a teddy bear sitting on a rock? or this victorian-era looking woman in those mary-poppins gown, also made out of porcelain?

if it was a porcelain trinket box, that would be have been more useful. besides collecting dust, it also keeps my rings and bracelets. or a photoframe with a porcelain frame. besides making the task of cleaning the frame a little tedious, it also holds my favourite photos.

but, tell me, what do i do with porcelain figurines???

No comments: