Wednesday, December 17, 2003

of the rush job

On Thursday morning, boss emails me about this job that has to be completed in a week's time. Project brief: powerpoint presentation on the company by the Big Big Big Boss, to be presented to the dep. PM of thailand.

As soon as I see the title of the VIP, i start panicking. What the...? Me? A corporate profile to be shown to the 2nd top guy in our neighbouring country??

I am already imagining myself suntanning with the Aussie hunks in the beaches of Phuket or shopping away in Bangkok. If he liked my presentation enough, perhaps I would be rewarded with a free trip to Thailand! heheh...

But reality starts to sink in. Real fast. My boss didn't say anything much, just some details of what had to go into the presentation. I have to think of the layout, design, sequence, information, who to get the various data from, and of course, the animation. And the Big Big Big Boss is known to be rather fussy over details. He even came up with his own anthem for the company!

If I was given, say, 2 weeks at least, I'd be able to come up with something reasonably good. But because boss is going off on her christmas holidays next week, I have to rush and come up with something mediocre. :(

I just hope when I present the draft to her tomorrow, she'd be gracious enough to accept my humble work!

No comments: