Tuesday, March 09, 2004

what a way to start a birthday...!

i was supposed to be off to work today after dropping my mum at her workplace. so there i was turning out to the main road at jalan gasing. since it was a 2 lane road and the one to my side was free, i slowly turned out. manalar tau, some crazy fella swerved into tat lane and banged my car at the side. my first thought was "what a way to start a birthday!"

since i was getting late for work, i told him i'd pay him for the damages. but he insisted on making a police report. he was making such a big fuss out of the whole thing. my bumper and lights were damaged while his car only sustained minor scratches and some dents on the side. i could have easily paid him off with the rm300 i had in my purse that time. since he didn't want to compromise i had to go to the police station to lodge a report. and later i found out he didn't exactly tell the truth in his report, and there was no way i could verify it since there werent any witnesses around (except for those who have driven off by then).

so i had to take half day to settle that, and get some claims form from my dad's insurance company. i told myself that since half the day was already ruined by this... $%&^*&@# (i wanna use all the curse words i can think of) and i didn't have any mood to go to work, i asked permission from my AM to take the whole day off. she was sympathetic, and even sms me to "let my hair down and release my tense" once this was settled. was i relieved when i read that.

so off i went for lunch wif one of my grrlfriends. she treated me to a simple italian meal at taipan. then we went to visit another one of our friends who (sneaked out of work and) brought us to secret recipe for some cheesecake for tea. it was really really comforting to know they were there, and tried to cheer me up. so i guess, the day didn't go so bad after all.

boys and grrls, 2 lessons to learn :
1) take leave on your birthday and enjoy yourself
2) grrlfriends are essential in life. don't live life without them :D

No comments: