Monday, March 01, 2004

some PR on cyberspace

Someone asked me why I don't write much in my blogs. Write about what the characters said, what they wore, what I felt, etc... you know, the details.

I had earlier shown her the URL to my blog when she asked me what I did for Valentine's Day. She was curious why I had not included my thoughts about some of the events. I told her that I wrote the same stuff, but with all the above, in my personal diary. I think I write on paper at least twice as much, if not more, of what I usually post in my blog.

It just feels so natural to let the thoughts run when I'm writing. What so-and-so said, how I reacted to what so-and-so said, how I felt when it happened and my view of it all. But when it comes to my blog, I unconsciouly feel like I have to edit what I type so that it becomes readable". So much editing and a lot of "should I include this in my blog?" comes to mind.

I guess if no one I personally know read my blog, I'd probably be a lot braver in baring myself. If I write about what I really think of Bengie, he will come after me! (Bengie : just kidding! I'm trying to give you a little publicity here) Or even that guy who asked me out for V-day, he might just find out about it through our network of friends.

But then again, what's the point of blogging if not for an avenue to pour out your rants and rambles? And a little PR on the cyberspace? :D

No comments: