Wednesday, June 15, 2005

of interviews and cartwheels

Yipee Yay! :D

My heart was practically doing cartwheels when I received the good news. I got the interview! Uh huh, looks like I passed the English test the other day.

I don't know why, but last night I decided to check the mailbox. I usually don't, since my parents would usually do that when they come home. For whatever reasons, I felt like there was something there, and I had to do my filial duty as a daughter to take in the day's mails.

As I sorted out my dad's letters and some advertisement leaflets, I noticed there was a big brown envelope at the bottom of the pile. I was half expecting it to be mine, but didn't want to put too much hope in it at the same time. So I decided that that had to be the last one. After all, I've always been the "save the best for last" kinda person.

Imagine my delight when I saw that it was from the "Embassy of Japan". I tried to contain my excitement as I slowly pulled out the contents from the envelope. It was good news after all - "Based on the results of the written examination that you took recently, we are pleased to inform you that you are selected to attend an interview."

Well, well, this is truly something to be proud of. I didn't even get through for the Chevening, so to be able to reach this stage for Monbukagakusho is definitely something. I'm happy, really. Even if I don't eventually get the scholarship, the experience would have been worth it.

Even the list of things that I have to bring for the interview didn't dampen my happiness. There's at least 10 things I need to prepare by the end of this month. I'll be one busy grrl running around getting recommendations, taking pictures, certifying certs and getting the doctor's medical certificate, among many others.

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun! :D

No comments: