Friday, June 24, 2005

sms-ing in nirvana

There's been a steady stream of messages early this week. I wish I could keep all of them, but my ancient 3315 can only store up to 20. And that also, if they don't exceed the 160 characters for each.

So there I was at the funeral parlour, dazed at the sudden turn of events, trying to smile at visitors and relatives who came to pay their last respects, while replying to my messages. I realised that I have many concerned friends, who seemed to have all messaged me at this period, though not knowing exactly what had just happened.

One of my grrlfriends informed me that "ktm has built a bridge over the tracks where we used to cross, at your old house. hv you seen it?"

Another one even asked "hey, what's up, girl? any sales around? have you bought anything fr body glove?"

A friend from Penang obviously thinks I have a supply of jokes to cheer him up when he messaged "hey you! any funny stories for me today? the weather's been hot up here."

My assistant cell leader even asked if my house was open for cell this Friday.

Hello?! I'm mourning here, and you're asking if there are any sales around? And I'm not some clown who's supposed to cheer you up, I need some cheering up myself. Is that what the cell is thinking... if there is cell? What about me?

But of course, since they were nice enough to message me, it would be courteous to do the same. After all, they didn't know any better. But it's hard to reply when they sound so perky, and I'm... well, mourning.

There were also people whom I haven't kept in contact, who messaged me "Hi, long time never hear from you. How are you?" Another one invited me to his housewarming party this coming weekend. One of my pastors asked me to join her for a spa the next Sunday.

Still, it's hard tell them. It's like recalling a sad event over and over again. In my earlier messages, I'd tell them a short story. Later they became shorter stories, and eventually one or two-liners.

But I guess the best are those who knew about it, and sent their warmest greetings. I have 2 favourites : "May time heal ur pain & may warmest memories remain" and "Hey, glad u feel much better. All wil b well soon.. Hope 2 catch u around when d day's more appropriate.. In d meantime, take care n sleep well ya."

Oh, and the iB camp committee actually signed a condolence card together, and hand delivered to me. It was so sweet of them. They were actually celebrating 3 guys' birthday, but I couldn't make it. So they decided to pen down their personal messages in a card :)

Thanks for all your prayers, I'm feeling much better. It's been a bad start to the week, but things are gonna get better. You'll see. :)

No comments: