Monday, August 29, 2005

watashi wa kawaii desu

I don't mean to rant. Really. It's not me anyways. :D

I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but this Jap thingy is taking a toll on me. I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble... and money.

1) Most Jap uni websites are in Japanese. Whatever links they have in English do not seem to be a direct translation of the original Jap pages.

2) I have great respect for Japan, the people from the Land of the Rising Sun and their refined culture, but a minority (of which I've encountered) seem to be a little "cold" when they find out youI don't speak their language.

3) The scholarship (if I get it) includes a 6 months language training before the course proper. I doubt it will prepare me to write a thesis in Japanese! There's a great possibility I might just have to start attending classes beforehand...

4) Medical examinations are not cheap. Blood tests, urine tests, liver tests, ECG, x-ray scans set me back about rm150. Good news is, I know I have no major health problems :p

5) And apparently, the admission deadline for a certain university was in July. The professor from Hitotsubashi was also surprised that it was even before the preliminary selections were made for the scholarship. I'm supposed to check back with the Embassy on this, whose people are, let's just say, proud of their language. Waitaminute, these aren't Japanese. The staff there are actually Malaysians! And they're so action just because they know Jap and I don't

Excuse me while I go rest my head. I can't take the headaches anymore. :p

6) And before I forget, I think I'll have to make a trip down to Singapore end of next month. Another uni is making their rounds in a few Asian countries as part of their MBA tour. Unfortunately, Malaysia is notOur southern neighbour is one of them. Now, I must commend the IUJ staff for taking the effort to reply my emails, and welcoming me to visit their booth when I'm down there.

I really must go. If the Japs read this, they might just petition to have me off the preliminary selection list. No matter how much I spent on those bloody tests, it just ain't worth it. Again, let me reiterate how much I love the Japanese! :D

No comments: