Monday, August 15, 2005

prelim selection

I tell you, so tension when I saw the white envelope lying on the coffeetable when I got home on Friday. Just minutes before that I was talking to Vince K, telling him that I might just forget about going to Japan. They had not gotten back to me in more than a month.

Lo and behold, with trembling hands, I felt the envelope and its contents from the outside. It was a bit bulky. If it was a reject letter, it should only contain 2 pages, max. But maybe this was something else. I dare not imagine, my wild imagination tends to disappoint me!

So I sat down and opened the envelope. I quickly scanned the words, trying not to see the words "We regret to inform you that your application...", just like what I got for my Chevening scholarship letters 3 years back.

But guess wot? This is the first paragraph :

...we are pleased to inform you that the Scholarship Interviewing Board has decided to nominate you to the Government of Japan for the final selection of scholarship candidates. For your information, the Monbukagakusho will finalize the decision the earliest in February 2006. Once we obtain the final result, we will forward it to you immediately.

And in the following paragraphs, they listed down the documents to be finalised by the 26th August. I was like, OMG!! If you knew what I had to do in 2 weeks' time, you would agree that I need a miracle.

First of all, I had to do a medical checkup, which wasn't too much of a problem, even if I have this slightest fear just looking at blood. The one thing which was more important was the Letter of Acceptance from the Jap Uni I had stated in my application forms.

There is just minor a problem here. Due to his hectic schedule, my Jap professor from MMU recommended me his peer in Japan only after I had sent in my forms. This particular professor is not from the university I mentioned earlier, as I had no idea this uni even offered the course I wanted in the first place! And secondly, I have to submit the full set of documents which I had earlier sent in during my interview, to the above university, together with a certificate of preliminary selection from the Embassy, in order for the uni to issue me a Letter of Acceptance.

And how am I going to do all these by the 26th? By God's amazing grace, of course! :D

No comments: