Tuesday, February 14, 2006

from the heart

While Valentine's Day is a good excuse to declare your love and spend some special time with your loved ones, I think it's overrated. Everyday can be Valentine. You should do all that and more on any other day.

Or maybe I see a lot of shops cashing in on the hype. Didn't like the fact that people have to spend so much for love. The bouquets of roses, teddy bears, perfumes and lacy lingerie. Some of these people looked like they bought it because everyone else is doing it.

On the other hand, I don't mind being lavished, heh! I've had some pretty good Valentine's in recent years.The most memorable gifts are those that come from the heart. Hand made gifts, fresh flowers in my favourite colours, letters which tell me how my smile has made their day.

Today, I received one such gift, it was penned with much sincerity and honesty. We've been friends for almost 10 years, and even though it wasn't hand delivered, the thoughts mattered more.

... Well, it was nice having one of those long chats wit you again... made me think long about things. fate? God's will? This Valentine is to thank God for caring and protecting you where I could not, blessing and loving you where I did not... :) Happy Valentine's Day!

To all you babes & hunks who sent me V-day wishes, thank you. It's nice to be thought of. If I haven't replied you back personally, here's some virtual *hugs*, nah! hug smiley

No comments: