Monday, November 05, 2007

settling down, yet again

I just moved to the new house! It's not my house, but it's Watanabe-san's house. He was so nice that he actually drove his van to Yoyogi, my previous place, to help me move my boxes and luggages. Then after settling down a bit, he took me around the neighbourhood to help me get acquainted with important places like where to get groceries and other necessities. And he even treated me to Indian lunch at the end of it! Where to find this kind of landlord?

Anyways, I already fell in love with the room when I first saw it, but after staying for a few days, I'm beginning to like it more even though it's missing one very important feature. It's got more things than I expected like own toilet+sink, fridge, TV, video player, stereo player, rocking chair, chandelier, 2 cupboards, and he even bought a computer table for me coz he thought I would be bringing a desktop. Now, if only I had my own bathroom, this would have been the perfect room! I already have the biggest room in the house, and apparently this room was professionally renovated, so it's really comfortable.

I started dreaming further. Now if only that extra cupboard would have been renovated into a bathtub attached to the toilet, and that space for the dressing table for kitchen, then I would have my own "apartment" already. In fact, I wouldn't need to get out of the room unless I need to go out. Everything would be within reach, just like my 1st residence in Niigata. But when I think back about the conveniences and the cheapness of what I used to have, I became sad coz this is Tokyo and I can only dream. So I told myself to cut it out, coz daydreaming like that wasn't getting me anywhere.

So instead, I thanked God for giving me such a wonderful place with all the things I need and more that I didn't expect. The only downside is I'm not on the convenient train lines, so would need at least 1 transfer to go to most places. BUT, I heard this place has a river running through it, which transforms into a magical place during spring because of the cherry blossoms planted along it. And there's a garden nearby, with the Four Seasons Hotel in it. Apparently, their garden is so beautiful that Japanese couples have their wedding shots there. Now, must think of a way to walk in like a hotel guest...

Oh, pics will come later. It's too messy now! :D

No comments: