Friday, November 23, 2007

still chilling, but better a bit

Thanks for the concern, I'm feeling better. I think!

Actually I think I was getting better on Tuesday, coz I was taking Hor Yan Hor tea, this bitter Chinese herbal drink. But problem was I forgot it was so strong and I drank it at night, so ended up being awake almost the whole night. Needless to say, felt quite miserable the next day.

Was feeling worst this morning and was contemplating on going to see the doctor. Then I realised, I'm on another insurance plan and not the national scheme like most other people. The national insurance scheme is actually compulsory for all residents, including foreigners, but somehow my company got away with that.

Heard it was because it's more expensive as both the employer and employee need to contribute to that. And patient has to pay 30% of doctor's fees and prescription. The one I'm on is catered solely for foreigners residing in Japan. And they reimburse 100% of expenses. But dental and maternity if not covered, amongst others.

But anyways, Japan does not have a "clinic system" like in Malaysia where there's at least 2-3 GP's in your neighbourhood. One has to go to the government hospital to get normal treatment, whereas for us, going to the hospital meant a big deal - like if you had heart attack or were going for surgery. So I had no idea where was the nearest hospital, even though there's a pharmacy and "doctor" on the same street here. And I wasn't sure if my insurance covered these or the T&C involved.

So I decided to stay at home (I was working from home anyways), cancelled the meeting with my boss and his partner and decided to drink the bitter tea again, added lemon to it and tried not to use the air-cond/heater so much, and took a Panadol too. Drank a whole lot more water this time, and didn't go out at all. And I think I am getting better. Now I should head off to bed and see if this works for me!

And yes, I hate taking medicine and seeing the doctor, only have to go if necessary. Furthermore, from past experiences, I didn't have good impressions of Japanese doctors and medicine. No offense, but either the system or the Japanese body is just wired differently!

No comments: