Tuesday, January 01, 2008

selamat tahun baru 2008


I can't believe it. It's 2008 already. Time really flies.

I don't know what to make of last year. I wish I could say it's the best ever, like what has been the "trend" for the past few years or so.

Too many things have happened in 2007, it makes me hope for better things this year. Things are still very hazy and uncertain on many fronts but I want to believe that God has good things in store for me. I want to say with an assurance that He holds my future. I know these for a fact, but sometimes facts aren't so easy to believe.

I'm writing this from my home even as I celebrate Christmas and New Year's in warm humid Malaysia. I am definitely not looking forward to going back to the wintry weather in Tokyo tomorrow, it's at least 25 degrees lower! What I'm looking forward (or rather, trying to) is the new year.

I want to start on a clean slate, put the memories behind and trust that I'm not alone in this, and that He will never leave me nor forsake me.

No comments: