Sunday, January 11, 2009

throbs

On days like these when I have too much on my mind, I tire myself with energy-consuming activities hoping that I'd be too tired to think. Hoping that if I'm too tired, the thoughts will somehow leave me alone. Or find someone else to bother.

I fill up my free time with appointments and plans, waste my time on seemingly meaningful hustle and worse, leave no time for myself.

Then after I'm tired out at the end of the day, all these thoughts still remain. Pounding on my head. Even when I'm too tired to think, they're still there. They waited for me to come back from my whirlwind of stuff.

Yet the brain's not working. Refuses to even when the thoughts are in dire need of thinking.


But in the midst of all these throbbing, I know I need to retreat to The Secret Place. There really is no other place to be.

No comments: