Thursday, January 08, 2009

it almost snowed

According to the weather forecast, it was supposed to snow as early as tonight. From my experience with Tokyo weather, that would mean after midnight. I thought, perhaps I would get to see it the next day instead.

So I was taking out the trash to place it at the collection spot just opposite my house. The temperature outside was hovering below 5 degrees Celcius.

Just a few steps from the garbage area in front of the vending machine, I saw white specks. That particular area was well-lit by the street lamp so the specks kinda stood out.

Could they be fresh drops of fine snow?

I looked further but didn't see much of the same specks. Very little, but further away near the junction. Maybe it had just started snowing very randomly.

I was beginning to squeal for joy, but decided to check again before making a fool of myself in the middle of the street.

True enough, there were white specks alright. But the reason why they were concentrated near where the lamp was shining was because they were left by the birds who had perched on the electric lines above!

Cis! Kena conned.

Bird droppings also can look like drops of snow...I think I need to sleep.

No comments: