Saturday, February 12, 2011

desire z

So I've been busy with my new toy recently >.<


Can't help it when there's just so many things you can do with it! With my impending trip coming up in less than a week, it's even more imperative that I learn to use it soonest possible.

Learning from my Euro backpack trip, I realised a smartphone would come in handy if I needed to access the Internet or get help when needed, and yet I don't want to lug around a laptop especially if I'm also travelling with another bigger toy :D


Compared to many peers, or at least the people I'm surrounded with most of the time, I'm quite a late starter. I'd like to think that as long as my previous phone was usable I didn't have to rush to upgrade. So I took my time to research, learn from what others were saying about their own experiences, read reviews and played around with different models to see what I would be comfortable with.


Actually, part of the motivation came from my parents who threw a suggestion asking if I'd like to consider a new phone as part of a present. This was about 1 year and a half ago, when I had just came back and realised just about everyone seemed to be having one, even kids!


Not wanting to burden them, and appreciating their good intentions, I told them to hold off giving me anything for 2 Christmases and 2 birthdays, until I found something I really liked (and needed). So it's like accumulating the worth to get something bigger.

Works well for both sides - they don't have to scratch their heads thinking what to get me (even though cash would be a safe choice), and I wouldn't feel so bad forking out so much money to get something like this! Or I might just have waited a few more years to get it myself when the other phone eventually gives way.

2 comments:

neil said...

FINALLY! Welcome aboard! =)

§nóflèk said...

thanksss :) i'm so glad i got it, especially with my recent trip to bkk so so useful!! will post up pics soon :)