Tuesday, February 08, 2011

chocolate nutty

Strangely being labelled as a city grrl just because I come from KL, and have lived more years in the Klang Valley recently (nevermind that most of my life have been spent out of KL!), I get surprised looks when I admit I've never been to Alexis.

People have been raving about their carrot cakes and tiramisu, but since I don't particularly have sweet tooth, never found the urge to try them out.


In my first outing at the BSC outlet, they had unfortunately ran out of the famed Italian dessert. Had to settle for this odd-looking creation - the Chocolate Nutty Meringue. Loved the crunchy walnut bits sprinkled with chopped macadamia nuts.

Certainly not your typical cake in perfect triangle shape and coloured icing and cream all over. I like how it's not too sweet, has an unusual texture and leaves you wondering how this crumbly chunk could actually be cake :)

2 comments:

neil said...

Looks yummy, food blogger! =)

(making a mental note to refrain from visiting your sometimes-food blog at 2.16am!)

§nóflèk said...

hehe thanks dear :) i actually have a lot more other food pics that i wish i had the time to sit down n write stories for... so maybe it's good that i'm not writing about food that often!