Thursday, February 26, 2004

so they think they won the fight...

Methinks the IT dept in my company lives to ban me from fully utilising the internet. It's bad enough that only certain executives get to have internet access during office hours (some others get to go online after 6pm). Now they're cutting me off from my only means of being accessible to the world - the yahoo messenger! :(

Boohoo...

I've always been connected for as long as I can remember, or when I discovered the joys of communicating thru IM (instand messaging). In campus, I had the ICQ, Y! and MSN Mesg on the whole day. Everyone else who had a PC was too. Without the convenience of a phone in the room, our only means was through the campus network.

Not that I will die if I can't chat for a day, it's just that feeling of being connected. At any time I can just buzz my friend to get some help on debugging web codings. Or hold a conference with my CG (cell group)members to discuss about our next trip. Or put up my custom message to announce the birth of Leonard's new baby boy*!

After trying out all sorts of configurations, I think they finally figured out how to block me :P


ps: By the way, his wife gave birth to a healthy boy named Ian Lim Jet Ren last night.

No comments: