Wednesday, April 21, 2004

of lobsters and the spa voucher

I was sinking my teeth into a piece of deep-fried garlic lobster when Irene called.

Irene : Hey woman, what you doing?
Me : Ooo, having some delicious seafood here...
Irene : What's that noise there? You having party ar?
Me : *munch* Ya, I'm with my grrlfriends here. Birthday celebration.
Irene : Yours?
Me : *crunch* Hehe, ya! Belated lor. So hard to get everyone together..
Irene : Wah, you're so blessed!!
Me : *grinning* Yalor, yalor...
Irene : Ok lar, don't want to kacau you then. Have fun!

With that, I slipped the handphone back into my handbag and thought briefly about how blessed I was. After all these years, we're still together celebrating each other's birthdays. Not that we're middle-aged with hubbies and kids in tow, nor flung into various corners of the earth with high-flying jobs and exotic tales to boast about.

Heck, we're just enjoying the prime time of our lives. We're still single, have jobs which pays for a decent holiday once in awhile, meet up regularly to chat over a nice meal, and exchange stories about the guys in our lives.

And on this day, we made time to celebrate the birthdays of 3 grrls, mine included. It used to be individual or double celebrations, depending on which month our birthday falls. Since it was difficult to gather everyone last month, we decided to celebrate for the April birthday grrl too.

I kinda guessed what I was getting from them. After all, they did ask me for a wish list! Out of the 10 items (which includes downpayment for a Kia Rio! hehe), they decided to choose the spa voucher for my birthday gift. I was almost squeling for delight when I slowly pulled out the voucher from the birthday package.

As I scanned through the list for their services, I was already imagining myself being pampered with an aromatherapy full body massage. The strong and able hands of the masseuse stroking my sore muscles. The massage oil being rubbed into the skin. Me falling asleep on the bed after an hour of pampering. :D

Yes, indeed I am blessed. So loved hehe.. :P

No comments: