Tuesday, May 18, 2004

a, b, c, etc...

People who claim to be open-minded don't seem so open after all. They can boast about the first time they lost their virginity and the various techniques to keep a straying husband, but when it comes to their own image, they want to be portrayed as ever-smiling and photogenic.

A colleague was looking through some digital pictures which was captured during our last karaoke session. She was not very pleased that the cameraguy (a mutual friend) kept taking shots of her, and some didn't look very nice. Well, she was photogenic, but I guess she didn't want to be captured looking stoned!

Another colleague was bugging me to convert the pictures and email them to him and the department. I took the effort the reduce the 50 odd pics to a more appropriate size (so as not to flood their inbox) and sent out over 12MB of digital images. Some of the unnecessary ones I didn't send out.

In contrast : Some of my wackier friends do not mind me captioning their photos with phrases like "emotionalLyn". We even make fun of each other's poses, especially those which are unconventional and downright silly.


Sigh, I guess you can't please everyone. Next time, I'll just name them "a", b", "c" and so on.... :P

No comments: