Tuesday, September 06, 2005

i've been tagged!

Note : This post was actually written halfway on 17th June, with plans to continue the weekday after that. However, due to an unexpected event which fell during that weekend, I had to postpone this. BUT, I've finally managed to complete it :D

*************************************************************

Er, I usually don't care much about memes, but since John and I made such a pair being pinky and the brain, I will give this a shot.

Total number of books owned
Hmm, lots actually. More during my childhood days when I used to buy at least 1 book per week. I guess I have slightly less than 100 altogether, coz books ain't cheap nowadays!

Last book I bought
Can't really remember coz the ones I'm reading at the moment are either the ones my parents bought or those I got as birthday presents. But the one book that I remembered is Max Lucado's Traveling Light.

Last book I read
That would be LaHaye's Why You Act The Way You Do. An insight into why certain people act, well, the way they do. While going through the book, I found myself going "Oh, no wonder he's like that..." or "That explains her fascination for..." Instead of stereotyping them into categories, it helped me understand the various blends of personalities.

5 books that mean a lot to me
1. The Case For Christ, The Case For Faith and The Case For A Creator by Lee Strobel. These are the very books that fuelled by interest in apologetics. Have always wanted something that I could refer to when friends ask me difficult questions about Christianity.

2. My Life On A Plate by India Knight. A wonderfully quirky book which revolves around the thoughts and headaches of self-deprecating housewife Clara and her suburban family. British humour and refreshingly honest.

3. Gift Wrappings For Every Occasion by Gill Dickinson. The absolute manual for turning otherwise plain looking items into presents that look a thousand bucks!


There's actually 5 books already, but since item 1 can actually be classified together, I'll list 2 more :

4. Change Your Life Without Getting Out Of Bed : The Ultimate Nap Book by Sark. Printed in colourful handwriting fonts, it is the embodiment of my favourite hobby - napping! It even has a section extolling the pleasures and benefits of napping, pages dedicated to the various types of naps and nap excuses, plus vouchers which you can fill up should you feel like taking a nap!

5. Can I just name all my comic books - Asterix & Obelix, The Adventures of Tintin, Dilbert, Beano, Archie?? :D

No comments: