Saturday, September 08, 2007

an email from dad

I got a pretty long email from my dad today. He read about my latest post and was quite concerned about what I just went through. The last time we talked was the night my parents landed back in Malaysia. But even during our holiday together, I didn't tell them about some of the issues that I had coz I didn't want them to worry. I just wanted them to enjoy themselves in Japan.

He said he had a good time with my mum and I, and really appreciate the effort I took to plan the trip and bring them around. For me, even though it was quite a tight period having to settle things back in campus, graduate and say goodbye and take care of my parents, I didn't regret it one bit.

I hated to say goodbye, and wished I could spend more time in campus with my friends. I was trying to balance both at the same time while my parents were there. But actually, their being there was like a cushion. I had to concentrate on my parents, making sure that the travel plans and accomodation were in place. That took my mind off the sadness of leaving. If I had to just go straight down to Tokyo from IUJ, it might have been worse.

So on hindsight, even though I feel sad and wished my parents were here longer, it was a good time that I'll always remember. He told me that he wished he could express himself better, especially about the Kobe beef! Haha, my dad can be so funny sometimes. He must've read my post and thought I thought he didn't like the food.

My mum always says my dad's the typical Chinaman type who doesn't express himself with hugs and kisses, but we know that he loves us a lot. I wouldn't have minded a bit that he didn't say anything about the trip, coz spending time together like this was something so precious money can't buy.

Here are some pictures that we took when I brought them to Disneyland.


My mum was wondering why so many girls were wearing these Minnie headbands and decided to put one on herself.


My dad,the machoman, trying to lift the 10,000kg dumbell.

No comments: